Who I am....

My photo
I'm just a girl...trying to live as authentically and as freely as possible. Hoping that throughout my journey to authenticity others are led to discover the truth of who they are as well....

Monday, November 8, 2010

Getting away is good for the soul....

This past Thursday my lovely soul sister Malary and I packed up the car and headed off on a little journey from our home in Idaho to the beautiful state of Utah. I was beyond excited for this adventure of ours as it meant not only time together, but time with many people that we love dearly.
  
And we are off!       
So focused!

We got to spend Thursday and Friday evening with Kallie, Jeff and their 2 little blessings. What a great time we had with them! Their son Jackson is the sweetest little guy ever and the newest member of the family, Lydia, is one of the most precious babies ever! We ate yummy food, like chocolate covered gummy bears (my weakness) and homemade cinnamon rolls. Cuddled the little ones. And made memories that will last forever.
Seriously, is he not the cutest ever!
Quite possibly my favorite moment of the entire weekend....
Saturday morning had us saying good-bye to this lovely family as we headed to our Brave Girl sister Margie's. We were so excited to see her! We had a day of fun and shopping planned and we couldn't wait to get there!
Brave Girls in Brave Girl Boots! 
The day exceeded any expectations that we went in with. We had so much fun. Time spent with girlfriends really is healing to your soul! We spent the majority of the afternoon and evening in Salt Lake walking around The Gateway. I had no idea such a place existed until Saturday! It is the most amazing outdoor mall I have ever been to! All my favorites, Anthropologie, Urban Outfitters, amazing furniture stores! This place has it all! 
And then there were 4..... 

While shopping was great, the evening got even better when we were joined by another Brave Girl sister! Chrissy was in from Phoenix for the weekend and it worked out that she was able to meet us for dinner. I cannot even begin to describe how much it meant to me to see her again. To hug her, love on her and just be in her presence again. She is truly one of my most favorite people in the world!

Waiting in line....   
After dinner we stopped for frozen yogurt at the greatest place I have even been! 16 flavors of self serve fro-yo along with topping bars? YES PLEASE! My concoction was a grand mix of Vanilla, Pumpkin Cheesecake and Chocolate yogurt topped with Reese's, chocolate chips, graham cracker crumbs and chocolate covered gummy bears (yes, I know I have a problem). I could have skipped dinner all together and just gotten a larger portion of this yumminess had it been an option! Saying goodbye to Chrissy at the end of the night was hard, really hard. In fact as we were walking away, i had to turn around and run back for just one more hug. Goodbyes are not fun in general. They make me sad and tearful and just more emotional than I prefer! Sunday morning brought more goodbyes as we had to leave Margie to head back to our home nest. More hugs, more love, more hugs again. And then we were off once more.



This weekend was such a blessing. 
I have the most amazing people in my life.
The make me appreciate life.
The make me want to be a better person.
They give me courage and offer me hope.
I wouldn't trade this life for anything.
I'm beyond blessed.





3 comments:

  1. i love reading your updates! so glad you could go on this little trip. i also love the people in your life because of how much they have helped you to see how amazing and brave you are! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a beautiful post Jamie.. so so happy for all of you that you got to do this, so envious.. some days.. it's hard not to feel all alone out here.. xooxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading about this amazing journey you are on. I love how the Lord has so graciously brought the most encouraging, beautiful people into your life....right when you needed them the most.

    ReplyDelete